SUGAR BEAN PRODUCTION GUIDE
- Prepare your land by tilling, as early as possible, by November in the South and December in the Centre and North of Malawi for the rainy season crop. Planting on flat land has more advantages than ridges, However, where land is sloppy, make your ridges 75 – 95 cm apart and plant 2 rows spaced at 30cm on the ridge.
- Plant in rows of 30cm apart. Plant 1 seed per hole, 10cm apart in the row. Seed need around 80kg/ha or 32kg/acre.
- Apply 80 – 100kg/acre of 23:21:0 +4S fertilizer in groves at the time of planting.
- Keep your land weed free at all times, especially during the first six to eight weeks after planting.
- Harvest your pods as soon as they are ready.
- Store well dried beans in clean containers and treat with pesticide to prevent weavil damage.
NOTE: Also seek technical advise from the agricultural extension staff of your area.
KALIMIDWE KA MBEWU YA NYEMBA
- Sosani ndi kugalauza moyambilira usanafike mwezi wa November, ngati ndi ku mwera, mwedzi wa December chigawo cha pakati ndi kumpoto kwa Malawi.
- Ngati mukubzala mmizere, konzazani mizere yotalikirana pakati pa 75 ndi 95cm. Ndipo pangani mikwasa iwiri pamwamba pa mizere yotalikirana 30cm.
- Bzalani nyemba imodzi –imodzi pa mapando otalikirana mpata wa 10cm,
- Thilani feteleza wa chitowe (23:21:0 +4S ) pa ekala wochuluka makilogalamu 80- 100 pa nthawi yobzala.
- Onetsetsani kuti mmunda wanu mulibe udzu makamaka masabata asanu ndi awiri kapena asanu ndi atatu oyambilira.
- Kololani nyemba zikacha.
- Yanikani nyemba pa dzuwa ndi kusenda kapena kuomba ndi kamtengo
- Sungani mbewu yanu mu malo owuma bwino opanda chinyontho
CHIDZIWITSO: Funsirani zoonjezera kuchokera kwa alangizi a mdera lanu.